HBH Job Opportunities
Alcohol and Drugs Support Worker
Do you want to work for a caring organisation that believes in people?
Do you want to make a difference?
As an alcohol and drugs support worker with Help Bristol’s Homeless, you will work with residents who use our services, helping them get to where they want to be.
What is an Alcohol and Drugs Support Worker?
Alcohol and Drugs Support Workers are qualified professionals who specialise in supporting people with substance misuse, specifically, drugs and alcohol.
Tasks and Duties:
- Evaluate new residents, drug, and alcohol status on admission.
- Evaluate a resident’s circumstances and challenges.
- Identify any behaviours that may interfere with a resident’s treatment and recovery.
- Facilitate individual support sessions.
- Work with residents to develop recovery support plans.
- Refer and signpost residents to external organisations where necessary.
- Communicate with Health and Social Professionals as well as the Judiciary service to ensure residents receive the right support for their needs.
- Inducting new residents and advocating a safe, healthy Help Bristol’s Homeless community.
- Previous experience with the treatment of substance abuse.
- Experience with co-existing mental health and substance misuse
- Good understanding of the 12-step program.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Compassionate nature.
- Active listening skills.
- Non-judgmental approach
- Social perceptiveness
Working Hours and Rate of Pay:
The working hours and rate of pay will be discussed with applicants during the interview.
How to Apply
Please send us a copy of your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
*Closing Date 28th February 2023