Health and Safety Statement
Help Bristol’s Homeless Charity
Health and Safety at Work etc Act 1974
If you employ more than five members of staff, it is a legal requirement to have a Health and Safety Policy Statement. A health and safety policy statement sets out how you manage health and safety within your workplace. It demonstrates your businesses attitude towards health and safety and the steps, arrangements and systems you have in place to ensure you comply with Health and Safety legislation. If you employ less than five staff, it is still good practice to complete a Health and Safety Policy Statement.
Our statement of general policy is:
- To provide adequate control of the health and safety risks arising from our work activities;
- To consult with our employees on matters affecting their health and safety;
- To provide and maintain safe plant and equipment;
- To ensure safe handling and use of substances;
- To provide information instruction and supervision for employees;
- To ensure all employees are competent to do their tasks, and to give them adequate training;
- To prevent accidents and cases of work-related ill health
- To maintain safe and healthy working conditions; and
- To review and revise this policy as necessary at regular intervals.