Homeless or worried about becoming homeless?
If you are homeless or you are about to become homeless, within the next eight weeks (56 days), the first thing we recommend is you contact the Bristol City Homeless Crisis Team.
You can call them on 0117 352 6800.
- Monday to Friday 9 am to 4 pm
They will take your details and arrange an assessment at the Citizen Service Point (CSP). It can take up to 48 hours to get an appointment, but they will aim to see you as soon as possible.
Other organisations that may be able to help you
Other organisations might be able to help you with your housing situation:
- St Mungos outreach team is out day and night, supporting people who are on the streets of Bristol and also providing specialist emergency accommodation.
- Shelter can give you practical and legal advice on your housing situation.
- Next Link can help women and children find refuge and domestic abuse services in the area.
- ACFA has information about all the advice centres in Bristol.
- Bristol Mind is a mental health charity that can give you information, advice and counselling.
- SARI can help you if you’re a victim of a hate crime.
- Bristol Drugs Project is a charity providing harm reduction and treatment services for people who are experiencing a negative relationship with drugs and/or alcohol.
- BOSH offer a range of services to rough sleepers and the vulnerably housed.]
- Bristol Soup Run operates every night of the year to provide food and support for people experiencing homelessness and poverty in Bristol.
- Blonde Angels is a group of volunteers with one common goal to help homeless people on the streets.
- Roots Independent Street Team are a volunteer-led charity in running a friendly pop-up service every Thursday evening at Champion Square where we provide a hot meal, snacks, hot drinks and other essentials to those experiencing homelessness.
- Helping Homeless Believe is a team of volunteers who work around the clock to provide support to vulnerable people in our city.
Adverse Weather Advice
Bristols City Council will help find people that sleep rough somewhere warm to sleep, if:
- the temperature is likely to be zero degrees or below for three nights in a row
- the Met Office issue an amber warning of rain and wind that is likely to last three nights in a row
- other factors such as wind chill could cause risk to life
This is called the Severe Weather Emergency Protocol (SWEP).
During SWEP additional emergency bed spaces are made available to people rough sleeping in the city.
Anyone rough sleeping in Bristol can call 0117 4070330 to speak to the St Mungos outreach team.
How Help Bristol’s Homeless we can help you
We offer lots of different services to help and support anyone homeless.
If you are homeless you can visit us on Spring St and use our showers, washing machines and also get something to eat and a hot drink. All we ask is that you let us know in advance that you are coming to ensure someone is here to meet you.
You can call us on 0117 966 3441.
As we are sure you know, we also offer temporary accommodation in our Micro Flats.
To be considered for a Micro Flat we ask that you are referred to us by one of the following authorised referrers, BOSH, St Mungos, HM Probation Service, or the Bristol Drugs Project.
We do accept self-referrals however self-referring can often take longer for us to process due to the checks we need to make.
Each licence agreement is 6 months and during that time we aim to help residents move into independent living by finding a place they can call their own.
As an HBH resident, you will have access to:
- Wellbeing Adviser who offers well-being support with things like meditation, mindfulness and signposting to counselling services.
- Housing Support Worker who will help you find permanent accommodation and support you with your Home Choice application. Our Housing Support worker also has contacts with the Bristol City Private Rental team and other accommodation providers like Imperial Appartments.
- Visiting Nurse. Our visiting nurse can help and support you with any health concerns you may have and advise and signpost you to other medical providers.
For more information please contact our office Monday to Friday 9 am to 2:30 pm on 0117 966 3441.